Helios Bank Technical Support
The Helios Bank
Helios Bank Features:
Helios Bank Specifications:
Cell Type - Li - Polymer
Input - DC 5V/1A
Output - DC 5V/1A
Battery - 4000 mah
Charging Time - 4 hours (Grid) / 5 hours (5.3W Solar Panel - Full Sun)
How do I connect my Helios Bank to my Helios Alpha Pack?
- Remove the Helios Bank and its USB cable from its box.
- Open your Helios Alpha Pack secondary pocket for access to the Solar Panel and disconnect the External USB connector cable from the solar panel.
- Connect the Helios Bank USB cable mini-USB connector to the Helios Bank "IN" mini-USB port.
- Connect the Helios Bank USB cable USB connector to the Helios Alpha Pack Solar Panel.
- Reconnect the External USB connector cable to the Helios Bank "OUT" USB port.
- Press the Helios Bank power button, you should see the LED turn on if charged and powered on.
How do I charge my device?
My device still won't charge?
If your Helios Alpha Pack Solar Panel is not outside and aimed at the Sun, you are dependent upon a charged Helios Bank to charge your device.
Verify the Helios Bank's charge level. Press the Helios Bank Power Button and check the LED on the front of the battery pack - if the LEDs are lit then the battery is charged.
Turn on USB Port
Tapping the Helios Bank's power button is necessary to activate the USB output of the Helios Bank.
Try Multiple Cables
Check all cable connections.
Try a different charging cable from your device to the external USB port of the Helios Pack. If you do not have another cable, validate that your cable is not faulty by charging from any USB port to see if the device is charging.
Don't Trust Charge Indicators
Even if the device doesn't indicate that it is charging, it might be. Try leaving your device plugged into the Helios Bank for 10-15 minutes and recheck the power level. Some devices recognize that the Helios Bank is not their normal chargers, but will still charge from them anyway. Some devices will only charge when powered off.
My Helios Bank will not power on?
If you are unable to use the Helios Alpha Pack's Solar charger, you may charge your Helios Bank from any USB port or power supply. This is a good option upon initial delivery. See the below illustration.